Effective Architecture Topologies
Because organizations are continuously changing: different challenges on their environment, different people/teams, different technologies and scopes of work, etc. This means, there structures and dynamics are also changing, and so is its ability to learn, design and decide.
This is why I propose having clear thinking models and practices to continuously understand and improve the organization's approach to architecture. If we want to improve, we need to know how to talk about that, and this is what I do with the "Architecture Topologies" thinking models and practices: provide you with a clear language to understand and discuss how to improve your architecture approach.
We will discuss the core ideas of Architecture Topologies, and how you can start adopting it in your own organization. We will look into the fundamental perspectives (evolution and organization scopes), and then discuss several strategies to start its adoption, using several exercises and examples of popular architecture topologies to inspire you.
👤 Who should attend
Anyone helping driving Architecture and how it is approached in the organization. This can be people working as Architect, or being part of an Architecture Team, or can also be Tech Leads, Staff Engineers, Directors, etc., who are driving important decisions and coaching their teams on the practices around Architecture.
💡 These workshops and coaching sessions can also be interesting for Architecture teams, as a way to collectively understand how to evolve the organization's approach to architecture. This tends to mean stop being the ones designing, and focusing on helping teams, on whatever is needed, to enable them to better design and decide.
- 🌟 Masterclass (2-3h)[🧑🏻💻,🤝] - session where your executives, leaders, change agents and anyone involved on the topic can get an introduction to the topic. We also spend time in your questions in the topic and go into possible options to move forward in this topic in your organization.
- 🔍 Sense-making Workshop (1-day - 2x 3.5h)[🧑🏻💻,🤝] - workshop sessions for people involved on the topic, where we consolidate the basics, however we spend most of the time exploring the challenges and opportunities in your organization specific context. You can see this as a sort of "assessment" session. We finish the session identifying possible options to move forward.
- 🧭 Sense & Orient Workshop (2-days - 4x 3.5h)[🧑🏻💻,🤝] - workshop sessions for people involved on the topic to learn the basics, but spend most of the time exploring challenges and opportunities in your organization's specific context, and defining what are the important options to focus on, including shaping & defining specific first steps. You can see this session as the sense-making session extended with defining concrete first actions to address the most strategic challenges and opportunities in your organization.
(🧑🏻💻 online | 🤝 in-person)
ℹ️ All of these workshops can be arranged for your company. I will soon arrange public instances - stay tuned (or ping me for more information).
- Email: email@example.com
- Free 30 minutes check-in: book 30 minutes to check possible ways of collaboration
- Twitter: @emgsilva (you can message me on Twitter)
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/emgsilva (you can message me on LinkedIn)