Effective Facilitation of Architecture Modernization
Because architecture modernization efforts are complex. Ideally, these efforts should be driven by the people on the teams involved. However, in practice we know that they tend to get stuck if no one facilitates these initiatives.
This is why I have developed this workshop and coaching offer: I want to help you maximize your ability to successfully facilitate architecture modernization efforts and also enable you to create structures and dynamics that allow the overall organization architectural capability to continuously improve and evolve.
In these workshop sessions I will introduce you to different ideas, methods and techniques that should help accelerate your journey towards a more effective facilitation of architecture modernization initiatives. From getting a good understanding of the sociotechnical context, i.e., understand not only the technical challenge but also the organizational/teams challenges; to the kickstarting of a modernization initiative (with the key people and focus); to the actual execution of the modernization initiative (following ideas, such as the Architecture Modernization Enabling Team (AMET)). The idea is that this helps up-skill change agents facilitating architecture modernization. They become more equipped to address those challenges, and furthermore help the organization continuously improve its architecture capability - in particular the teams close to the problems.
I will share a lot of ideas, examples, methods and techniques. However, participants will be driving many of the discussions and exercises, so that we can maximize learning for all the participants.
👤 Who should attend
Anyone involved with architecture modernization initiatives. You may be a CTO, VP of Engineering or Product, Architect, Tech Lead, Product Manager, Engineering manager, Staff Engineer, and anyone from teams who want to improve their skills to approach architecture modernization efforts.
I can give this workshop to groups facilitating a particular modernization initiative; or in general to groups in the company that are to work on different modernization efforts.
💡 These workshops and coaching sessions can also be interesting for consulting companies that want to improve their strategy on how to help clients on their architecture modernization initiatives - following an Enabling Thinking approach.
- 🌟 Introduction Workshop (half-day - 3.5h)[🧑🏻💻,🤝] - workshop session, where architecture modernization facilitators learn several methods and tools to help them improve their approach to modernization efforts. There are several exercises to help consolidating these and maximize learning.
- 🧭 Advanced Workshop (~1-day - 2x 3.5h)[🧑🏻💻,🤝] - workshop sessions, where we go over multiple methods and tools to help improving how to approach architecture modernization efforts. We dig into more advanced situations, and actively discuss participants concrete challenges and possible ways to approach them.
- 👥 Three-month Cohort[🧑🏻💻,🤝] - Three-month cohort (starting sessions + bi-weekly coaching sessions), where participants start by learning the same methods and techniques as in the Advanced Workshop, however we then have a continuous coaching format where we meet and discuss progress, challenges and opportunities, and how to better address those. This is a collective learning experience, where I coach the participants, but participants will also learn from each other. (under development - stay tunned for announcements on this topic)
(🧑🏻💻 online | 🤝 in-person)
ℹ️ All of these workshops can be arranged for your company. I will soon arrange public instances - stay tuned (or ping me for more information).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free 30 minutes check-in: book 30 minutes to check possible ways of collaboration
- Twitter: @emgsilva (you can message me on Twitter)
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/emgsilva (you can message me on LinkedIn)